Saturday, May 23, 2009

Papa Tim

My dad died back when I was 15, he never had the chance to meet my wife or my kids. I am sure he would have had a blast with my boys, there are so many things he would have showed them to drive me nuts. He would have been so proud of them and Darcy!

Trying to explain death to kids is really tough, but I think Cameron actually gets it and Keaton, well I don’t know what he thinks about it. We try to explain that sometimes the body is under the ground and the spirit is up in heaven. Then he will ask “how can he see us if his body is buried but his spirit is in heaven, aren’t his eyes in his body?”

My dad had ulcers most of his adult life and he ate popsicles like they were going out of style, the popsicles would help his stomach not hurt as much. So for the last few years we have made a little tradition to go and have some popsicles with Papa Tim every now and again.

Here are a few shots from last night. We love you Papa Tim!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are very touching:)

Sharon said...

Very nice captures.

pat said...

A very fitting post for this weekend. Nice.

Mom2Drew said...

I commend you for showing this to your boys! I want to do this with my boys too as soon as they get a bit older. Very touching.

Suzy said...

What a neat tradition eating pops with Gpa! Touching post, and beautiful captures!