Tuesday, February 19, 2008


This is a cool old photo that I love. It is of my wife’s great grandpa working on the boat. I have no idea why someone would have taken that picture or hung on to it but it is pretty neat. It is fun to look to go back at old pictures to see what people would shoot. Now days in the digital world you shoot anything and everything but back 40 years ago film was expensive, developing was expensive so people were much more selective on what they shot. We have this picture hanging on the wall in our house as an 8x10. It is amazing that whenever family is over they are drawn to that photo and people start talking about the “old boat” or the “cabin”. I bet the person that took the photo (I still have no idea who did) never had a clue that 40-50 years later people would still be drawn to it or it would be such a conversational piece.


No comments: