Wednesday, February 27, 2008


We have driven past the church/school house several times and always say “that would be an awesome picture” so finally we actually stopped and took a few. I was never into history when I was younger but the more I have started doing photography it has really made me think of the past. What was life like when people attended this building everyday? What was this building used for? Why did they choose this location for it when there is nothing around? I look at all these old buildings and wonder what life was like back then. Today’s structures have so little character where I wonder what my grandkids will say someday when they see what was built in the 90’s or 2000’s. Will todays average house still be around in 75-100 years?

21 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG, that is an awesome church... very vintage and would look great with vintage actions. love it! God Bless!

Anonymous said...

That is so cool....I have always wanted to take an old building like that and turn it into a house...That one would be perfect!
Cari

Kristi said...

What a cool building!!! I think the little bit of distortion gives it a really cool feel!

Val said...

Love this. The sky is perfect!!

Alicia Barry said...

Welcome to POTD. You have some really great shots here.

For Over 29 Years... said...

OH I love old buildings like that. I loved your journaling also. I wonder some of the same things. tFs

Mom2Drew said...

I love this shot! Looks like you've got a good eye for architecture and buildings.

Debbi said...

Beautiful scene! Love the texture of the paint - very rustic feeling!

mamawest777 said...

Love it!!! What an awesome find!

pakosta said...

cooL SHOT!!!!
tara

Angela2932 said...

I love the way this looks! It would look great on a stormy day as well! I love the earlier post of your dog, too!

Sara said...

great capture. I like the distortion adds to the feeling of the picture, as does the color. I just strolled through your other posts- it will be fun to have you in on our challenge.

Yvette A said...

Very nice, I LOVE old building and things.

Amy said...

Amazing! I love the puffy clouds in the sky too.

Becky said...

Welcome to POTD! I enjoyed strolling through your blog, and I love your church photo.

Mandy said...

Oh my word! Isn't that the most gorgeous photo. I just love it. It feels so awesome, and I actually LOVE the vibrant colors in it...although I am sure a vintage wash would look good too. Wow...is all I have to say.

Jen said...

Lovely capture... I would also like to see it in a vintage, BW and/or a midnight sepia.....

Reds said...

Great looking building! Love those old buildings!

Kelly said...

Neat neat neat... I love old churches. Great capture

Kari said...

That is very cool! Would make for a nice portrait background too.

Suzy said...

That building is just to cool! I love the sky to! You've got some great shots!!