Monday, July 14, 2008

Tooth fairy

Well Cameron lost his first tooth this week. Auntie Jenny had a pretty big hand in getting that tooth out. She worked on it for a bit when we went out for a visit and then the next day at daycare it popped out. The tooth fairy came that night and took the tooth from the glass of water on the table and when her wing touched the water it stained the water green. Do you suppose the tooth fairy has green wings (I guess it is a Swedish tradition to leave the tooth in a glass of water and then the kids guess before bed what color wings she has, I grew up with putting in under my pillow)? She left Cameron a bunch of change, man the economy in tooth fairy land must be good I never got that much when I was a kid. I bet it is because she does not have to pay for gas.

Oh and it is hard to see where the tooth came out of because the other one is well on its way to being all the way in.



19 comments:

Sharon said...

Aww the poor kids never got a chance to spit water through his teeth! ;)

Reds said...

Love the tooth fairy!! :)

Anonymous said...

Great shots...gotta love the tooth fairy!
Cari

Anita said...

We just experienced this!! Great photo to document the moment!!

For Over 29 Years... said...

I've never heard of that tradition. Different! Our tooth fairy tells of the next child that the tooth will go to. When Logan lost his first tooth, he specifically asked it to go to his little cousin. guess what! The next day Canon's first tooth appeared.

Amy said...

Great shots...I especially like the first one!

Lori said...

That first one is great! I'm impressed that you have no glasses glare - when my kiddos wore glasses, I always had lots of glare!

pat said...

Love that tooth fairy tradition. I've never heard of that!

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

Great shots and what a wonderful tradition! I have never heard of that one before!

BizEMommaK said...

I agree, great tradition:) Thanks for sharing.

Shawna (shawkrem)

Mandy said...

What a GREAT moment! Thank you so so much for sharing.

Jess said...

That is an awesome tooth fairy tradition! My kids just leave it in a baggie under their pillow, lol! Cam looks so cute with his new tooth growing in! :)

Liz said...

I love that tradition.... I wish I had heard of it when my kiddos were younger.

Margaret said...

Love that Tooth Fairy tradition. So fun. It's funny how the other tooth is almost grown in. :)

Becky said...

I hope the Tooth Fairy is less of a flake at your house than she was at mine. :-) My son never had a gap smile--his new teeth always came in before the baby teeth fell out.

Mom2Drew said...

That's a BIG deal...he looks great! What a moment in his life.

Michelle said...

what a cool happening at your house! i loved when the tooth fairy first came to ours! such excitement.

Tori said...

how awesome! sounds like a cool tradition, too.

Sheri Ann said...

Cool tradition!

Sheri

Sheri Bell-Rehwoldt
Author, You Think It's Easy Being the Tooth Fairy?
12,000 copies sold!
www.4kids.Bell-Rehwoldt.com