Tuesday, April 8, 2008

WOW What Generosity

*EDIT*
WOW What Generosity.

I got to be part of something really cool today. A lady on twopeas did a post on doing something good for someone. She had a lady in her photography club that did not have a camera and is such a neat person and through tough times just can not get the break to get one. Jess did the ground work and found a used Rebel XT and kit lens but was short a little cash and asked for some help. The people on twopeas pulled together and donated some money, memory cards, batteries towards that camera. Last I had check Jess exceeded the goal and was able to get a 50mm 1.8 lens, memory card and extra battery. I have donated to things in the past but it really did not mean much to me at the time. I did not donate much but it feels really good to see first hand what a little thing I can do can make such an impact on another. I really appreciate that there are great people in this world that are willing to step outside of their box and try to help people and give them a break. The folks on twopeas are awesome! Then on top of all of this other members stepped up and are donating to the people that are helping this other gal out by donating cards, and a wrap! WOW
*/EDIT* Back to my post


Stand Still

We went to park a few days ago and we were playing around with the camera. We happened to catch Cameron in a spot were he could not get away from the camera so we got a good shot. The shot SOOC was “OK” but I think playing with it and doing some fun PP work it turned out much better.

25 comments:

Farrah Jobling said...

ohhh...I love the color on that one and the clouds!

Reds said...

Great shot! He looks so tall!!

Jess said...

OH WOW JASON! I love your pp'ing here, and the perspective on this is AWESOME! Oh, and I totally agree with your thoughts on the peas... I am just FLOORED by what transpired today and my friend is going to absolutely DIE!

lcp said...

Great look here - I really like the pp you did!

For Over 29 Years... said...

The PP on this is really cool. It just says "BOY". Great job!

Amy said...

I really like your end result. Great job!

Bobbi said...

I love your play here, it really adds to the feel of the photo.

Anonymous said...

Great perspective. Don't you just love when they can't get away from you.

Becky said...

All that happened in one day? That is amazing, but I am not surprised in the least! I love this shot of Cameron with all the green going on.

Amy said...

I love the dark edging. it has a great dramatic effect! I also liked your story about the camera. I don't get to get on here much at work so you recapped what sounds like an amazing act of generosity!

Heather said...

I really like this shot! Very nice, the color and comp just really draw you in:)

Kristina said...

That's such a great post. How fun! And, I love your PP'ing here. It looks so cool!

Donnah Ciempka said...

Love the colour and the angle - cool shot.

Amy said...

Great shot! I really love the pp'ing you did and the perspective is so cool!

Chell said...

Oh that bis one cool shot. Glad you have gotten to experience the power of the peas..

Michelle said...

love how you framed this. he is such a cutie.

Kimberly said...

I love this photo! Great composition =)

Stacey said...

So cute. I Love the colors and perspective of this shot. Great title too.

Mandy said...

Jason! I love the PP on this shot. Vintage, and muted colors. I just really think you hit the angle and its awesome!

Tera Fraley said...

I love your edit here!!

Jen said...

Very cute! I love the grungy look! Nice job!

Cindi Koceich said...

Don't you just love it when you are able to capture those hard to capture kids!!! He's a sweetie! Love this shot and your PPing!!

Margaret said...

Nice PP! Love it!

Suzy said...

Great shot!

April said...

that is so cute..your pp is awesome on this shot.