Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I am the proud father of a 1st grader

I am the proud father of a 1st grader

Well today was the last day of kindergarten for my big guy. It seems like just yesterday we were taking pics of him walking into school with his backpack on for the first time. Today was their "Kinderfriend Day" which is a mini graduation of kindergarten. They are the class of 2020.

It was also a pretty sad day as well, it was his last day at his current school. This past year Cam has been at an AWESOME school but with budget cuts and dumb people not believing in our kids future (can you tell I am a little bitter) he will be shuffled to a new school next year with 28+ kids in his class. Cam does not do well with change and he truly loves the staff at his current school so it will be a big adjustment for him next year to go into a new school with all new kids and staff.

I am so proud of how he has grown over the last year, you did an awesome job bud. Welcome to 1st grade!

Click here for more photos. Photos will be added throughout the day.





14 comments:

Sara said...

Awww, what a bittersweet day!
So sorry about the change in school. I hope for you and the children that the new scene is a positive and happy one.

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

I was totally just going to say what a bittersweet day! That is why I don't read the other comments, lol! I love the sweet moments you captured. I love how each class is wearing a different color too.

jewels said...

What a sweet boy! I cannot believe that it is legal to put 28 kids in one class... what happen to the "no child left behind act?" Isn't that going against what our nation is going for???

I hope your son adjusts well to the changes as unpleasant as the situation may seem! :)

Becky said...

Congrats, Cam! Hope the 1st grade year is better than hoped for. 28 kids is A LOT for 1st graders. Hopefully there will be an aide in there with the teacher.

selena said...

I know you must be so proud :) He's a cutie!

Chell said...

Oh that is great. they grow up so fast..

For Over 29 Years... said...

Oh my goodness that makes me so sad, cause I have a kindergartner also. His last day is friday and I haven't thought about the fact he will NO longer be a kindergardener!!! Thanks alot! j/k I think it's sweet they do a presentation like that. Good luck with the new school

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

That for shot is so sweet. 28+ kids? Don't get me started. Hoping for a smothe adjustment next year.

Mom2Drew said...

What a milestone and there you are, documenting it like a champ. Way to go dad!

Mandy said...

What a special day! Its so hard to deal with those school budgets. Its sad for everyone involved really.

Margaret said...

These are great! Amazing how fast they grow up. I can totally relate about the class sizes. It's that way here, too!

Alexis said...

I love these - he's a cutie! That last photo with the large group and different colored shirts is great!

Jen said...

aaaawwwww.... That's great!

Jess said...

Awww! Congratulations big guy! THey all look so cute in their purple shirts!!! :)