Tuesday, May 20, 2008

What a great weekend

What a great weekend. We spent the weekend out at the campground hanging out. Darc thought it was going to be an ordinary weekend with nothing much going on. Little did she know that I had conspired with her best friend earlier in the week for her to come down from Fargo and hang out with us for the weekend. Anna and I had it all planned out and we did not tell Darc she was coming down. Saturday afternoon she was sitting on the deck when Anna showed up. She was so surprised and excited that she came. It was good for them to get some “girl” time. We even managed to get our first hay ride of the season. The boys were exhausted by the end of the weekend. What a great time.





18 comments:

Jess said...

That sounds like a BLAST! I love hayrides! I'm so glad she got some girl time... that is SO important to get our batteries recharged! How cool of you. :)

Reds said...

So sweet of you to surprise your wife like that! And what a fun weekend you guys had!!

Margaret said...

How fun that you planned all that for her! That's great. Hayrides are so fun, too. Love that last shot with the tractor. Very nice composition.

Kari said...

Looks like you had a great time time, and what a nice suprise!

summerbl4ck said...

nice surprise and so thoughtful! very interesting composition on the b+w too!

Jena K Photography said...

Great job avoiding glass glare. Love your first photo conversion as well.

Sara said...

What a thoughtful surprise!
Sounds like you all had a grand ol' time.

Becky said...

I'm going to assume that the beautiful blonde is your DW? Well, the other woman is beautiful, too, but I assume the blonde is your wife since your boys are blonde. I'm just real smart like that. Love your perspective and composition on the tractor shot!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Now that was real sweet of you to plan the visit for her. Cute shots. I love hayrides.

mel said...

what a great way to surprise your wife. looks like she was having a great time!

For Over 29 Years... said...

What a great DH you are! How fun for her.

Mom2Drew said...

Oh...there she is:)

The texture in the second shot is perfect!

Stacey said...

What a nice surprise. Great shots. I love tractor rides!

Mandy said...

I love how you are always sharing moments of your real life. I feel like I get to know you more with every single photo!

Jen said...

What a great surprise!!! Nice shots!

♥ Amy said...

Great pictures. I like the texture on your son and the angle of the tractor and wagon is nice.

Shawna said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I like the last shot- I love hayrides!

Amy said...

Fun shots, what a great surprise! That last shot is really neat, like your pp'ing in them all!