Wednesday, January 7, 2009

This Kid....

If any of you know Cameron, he is the boy that asks for extension cords and garden hoses for Christmas. Well he has to know how everything works and when it is broke it NEEDS to be fixed, he would much rather play with tools and cords than toys. In Camerons first grade class they had a pencil sharpener that was broke and he hounded the teacher as to why it was broke. She sent the sharpener home with Cam over Christmas break to see if he could fix it. I think it was fixed in the first hour he was home. He brought it back to school and surprise the teacher by getting it all setup and ready to go for the start of school after the break. Yesterday I walked in the door and Cam was there with another one in his had. "I think a gear is broke on this one" he says. So last night we spent some time working on this one, I think it has seen its better days. We tried our best and have it somewhat working. I am so curious on what he is going to be when he grows up. His fascination with electricity, cords and hoses is just amazing.


22 comments:

Unknown said...

what an amazing little guy. My brother took things apart when he was little, problem was he never could put them back together.

Anonymous said...

He sounds just like my older son. He does that all the time and he is now 12. I always wonder what he will be! Great shot!
Cari

R.A. BNKetti said...

Awww, I love the last pic! It sounds like you have an engineer on your hands!!:)

Unknown said...

That is so cool he wants to know how things work and how to fix them when they break. TFS!

Anonymous said...

That is just awesome! Love the story and love the pictures. What a great captured moment!

Liz said...

What a smart little bugger(or buggah if you're from Maine hehe). I have tons of broken stuff he can have to work on. LOL

Reds said...

Love the intent looks of the second shot! So great that he loves to see how things work!

For Over 29 Years... said...

I love how you captured this. It's excatly one reason why I love photography. It's something to remember, but the pictures keep it alive. That expression is priceless!

Sharon said...

Now as long as he can put it back together. ;)

Jamie said...

Fantastic story and what a gift for him. My grandfather was like that, had to tinker with everything. Good for him!

Rachel @ The Little Blue Room said...

Love the last picture. An everyday moment that is captured beautifully.

Rachael said...

I love the last picture. That is so neat he's already into fixing things! What a smart guy :)

Michelle Duckworth said...

My husband is the same way... my MIL has told me he was like that as a child too. Hopefully your son puts his smarts to good use! It's amazing to see their interests in things sometimes.

The 2nd picture is too cute!

--sme said...

That's quite impressive for a 1st grader to know what's wrong with a pencil sharpener! And I love the last pic with the lil one's squinted eye! :)

Amy said...

He sounds like a fabulous little boy! I LOVE that second shot! :)

Margaret said...

What an amazing guy! I love the intensity of expression in the second shot. He may be an engineer someday!

janett said...

That's so cool that he's interested in that stuff, I'm hopeless with electronics. And the look on your younger ds' face in that last pic cracked me up.

Mandy said...

You are lucky to have such a handy little one around. I love, love, love the second photo with the wink in the middle. Oh my word. Its just as sweet as can be.

Mandy
http://labellavitablog.com/?p=1219

CindyTykie said...

That is wonderful he wants to learn how to fix things. Both photos are fantastic

pat said...

My goodness, Jason, that is a GIFT! I love it that you encourage him and help him develop it. THe shot of the three of you inspecting the sharpener is priceless.

Tori said...

how cool that he's so interested in fixing things... and actually is able to do it! Love the last one... the expression on your youngest one's face is too cute.

Vanessa said...

So cute, I love the perspective on the first one.