Thursday, April 2, 2009

Are you walking in financial peace?

We just finished our Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University class tonight. It was AWESOME! I am kind of sad to be done, we had such a fun group and class was a lot of hard work but we have learned so much, been so inspired and truly enjoyed it!!! Here is the AMAZING news…our class (a total of 27 couples) paid off $105,941 in debt and put $297,933 into savings. WOW!!! That was done in 13 weeks between 27 couples. AMAZING! I HIGHLY recommend this class, it has completely changed how we look at things, how we view our future, our careers and our finances. It has been great for our marriage and we look forward to seeing where we will be in the next couple of years. Hopefully some day we will be completely debt free!

10 comments:

Amy said...

I want to take this class, actually I really want to go to a live event. :) I listen to Dave Ramsey on podcasts that I dl from iTunes. WTG on the couples in your class! :)

Steph said...

Nice work! We are contemplating going to this, nice to hear a review.

Nicki said...

My husband and I have been on his plan and are almost to "debt free" (except for house). It is a wonderful feeling and his techniques are EXCELLENT and DO-ABLE! Just requires patience and perseverance.

Unknown said...

They offer this at our church. I've heard tons of great things. I do most of what he teaches in the class. Bad thing is right now I have NO income. But I have no debt and no savings. I own my vehicle and only have rent & utilities. I had a credit card years ago but it only had a $150 limit LOL. I have not had a credit card in probably 10 years. I believe if you don't have the cash for it then you don't need it. TFS!

Farrah Jobling said...

wow...that is impressive! =)

Mandy said...

That is so interesting! I can't believe that...I struggle so much to pay off our pills. I really think I need to read his book.

Lauren Hartman said...

Wow, that is amazing, nicely done! Love the way your "stream" photo just draws the eye right into the scene.

Unknown said...

Very nice! I love Dave Ramsey!

Becca said...

Impressive! Congrats on finishing the class. I've read one his books, very practical. tfs

shirley said...

Congrats on finishing the class. Our church has sponsored the class and then ran another series of Financial freedom sermons. All very useful stuff.