Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Goodbye Grandpa Pete…

A post from Darcys blog. Her Grandpa past away last night, I just wanted to pass this along. This is a wonderful post babes, I am glad he is at peace as well. Gordy will be greatly missed!

Goodbye Grandpa Pete…

May you now be in peace. I am SOOOO sorry you had to go through what you did today. We will miss you terribly but I am happy to know you are now at peace and no longer have to have your body betray you. Love you lots! Darcy


It’s been a sad night. We got word late this afternoon that while my Grandpa was at dialysis today his heart stopped. They shocked him and did CPR for 45 minutes until they got him on a breathing machine and transferred him to Grand Forks. Unfortunately this goes against EVERYTHING he wanted. He has a DNR (do not resuscitate) and this is the second time this order has been gone against. Fortunately he also has a living will and we all knew he would not want his body kept alive on a machine so 15 minutes ago surrounded by my Grandma Vonie, my Dad and Steve and Shari they removed the breathing tube, he took a few more breaths and passed. I knew his time was coming but it’s still so sad. I think the thing that hurts me the most is knowing how he was treated in their attempts to revive him when that was TOTALLY against his will. That makes me so mad. I know that his spirit probably passed at that time and I find comfort in that. I am so thankful that I was able to go visit with him a few weeks ago. It was a strange feeling seeing a man who was so changed (in a good way) by what he has been through. He was very content, appreciative and pleasant. That was nice to see…I kind of missed his crankiness but it was nice to see that he was in a better place, a place more ready for his next journey. I will post more when we know further details…Thank you all for your prayers!


No comments: