Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Safety

I know this is a few days late but this brought to mind “safety week” challenge. There is a local organization that puts up Christmas lights through our Arboretum and during the holiday months you can drive through and look at thousands of lights and the money goes back to the community. You all know how Cameron is about his Christmas lights and he wanted to walk through and look at all the cords. As we were walking through we saw a big display and he starts yelling “Dad, an indoor surge protector is outside, that is not safe!” You got to love him.




Also take a look at this video to see some of the AWESOME displays. I did not take the video but a local guy in the area did a great job. note... pay attention to how big these displays really are!

14 comments:

Mom2Drew said...

I'd love to see all that lit up, wow!

pat said...

Whoa, that is really cool. It must look wonderful all lit up!

Mandy said...

I love the perspective on these....I bet it is so stunning all lit up. I would hate to have his light bill though.

Becky said...

Oh gosh, he's right! All those lights must be quite a thing to see!

Sharon said...

Oh he should be an inspector! lol

Anonymous said...

That cracked me up about the surge protector! I like the tangle of all the cords.

shirley said...

Well, your son is quite correct - doesn't seem so safe. But great pictures and pretty lights.

Unknown said...

Wow, that does not look safe! I am sure it looks neat all lit up though!

Meaghan said...

My son loves Christmas lights too. I bet they're beautiful all lit up.

Becca said...

Love Christmas light diplays! I always wonder what their electric bill totals.

Suzy said...

I think he's right that tangle of cord and surge protector doesn't look safe at all! Great post!

Erika said...

That does not look safe at all!!! But the lights would be so pretty when they are lit!

Angela2932 said...

I love this set of photos, and that sounds like a boy after my own heart! Way to go!

Amy said...

That is one beautiful display and how cute of your son to point out the danger of the surge protector. :)